The Organist plays the organ and piano in musical programs of the church.
Accountable to the Choir Director, the Staff Parish committee, and the Pastor.
Cooperate with the Choir Director in all matters pertaining to the musical program of the church.
Inform Choir Director and Pastor of any scheduled
absences as soon as possible. (One month in advance is the expected minimum time
for advance notice.) Show respect and courtesy to all staff members, church
members, attendees and visitors, and work for the good of the church.
- Play the organ /piano for Sunday worship services
- Play the organ /piano for Easter, 4th of July, and Christmas services.
- Play the organ /piano for any other services (as available) (funerals and weddings, or as listed by the Director of Music Ministries
for the year as
announced at music staff planning meetings
- Play the organ/piano for occasional Saturday morning scheduled practices.
- Attend any required staff meeting scheduled by the Staff Parish Relations committee or the Pastor
- Perform routine organ user maintenance and report to the Choir Director and Staff Parish committee on the condition
of the organ and the pianos
- Perform other tasks related to the music program as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Position requires talent and skill in playing the organ and the piano.
training and ability to read music is necessary.
- Experience playing music programs in other churches or related field is desirable.
- Ability to assist in rehearsal, playing parts, and reading open score is desirable.
- Salary Considerations based on experience.
If interested, please send resume to the address below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
College Hill United Methodist
Attention: Rev. Kent Little
2930 E. 1st Street North
Wichita, Ks. 67214